A Nice Easter Time with the Family

This Easter, was nice, quiet and pleasant. I loved it. I was worried, as my father passed away almost a year ago, and its a hard time sometimes as we miss him. (My Biological Dad)

The only family we have out here are my Mother and Step Father. They are both such wonderful people, that if you only had to have two relatives nearby, these would be two great ones to have!

My boys are growing up so fast also. They are 18 and 14 now, amazing! I guess my Mom bought just 10 plastic eggs for Easter. My Stepdad, a wonderful man, made up a game that two teenage boys would love with eggs. He hid some pennies and a dollar bill in some eggs. In some he put notes, like a scavenger hunt, and the rest he hid downstairs. It was so fun.

The boys thought they were in heaven. The jackpot egg for each had a five dollar bill. This was totally a surprise and so fun.

My parents had made a large lunch or dinner. Grilled chicken, shrimp, croissants, carrots, crunchy pea salad (my favorite), and much more. We couldn't eat it all, not even close.

The only thing she wanted me to bring was a dessert. I made our favorite coconut cream pie. It was a perfect Easter.

We topped it all off with a walk down the lane, and the boys shooting at fun targets with their pellet gun off the back deck. I got some photos with my camera, and had a lovely day. I couldn't have asked for a better Easter, especially since I have been worried about so much and not sleeping well, etc.

So thankful for the small joys in life. I love my sweet, even when its small, family.