My Son shared Flowers For Algernon with Me Tonight

My son comes in to my room tonight, and asked me if I ever read the story, "Flower For Algernon." I had not, and told him it sounded familiar though. I know I have seen that somewhere before.

He tried to share some of it with me, but as he kept trying to, he got quiet and his eyes filled with tears a little. He told me I needed to read it. I did read it tonight, as it had touched him so much.

I was equally deeply touched by the story. I am amazed at it, and think it is wonderful. It made me think of my own father, and how he passed away just this last year from Alzheimers and Severe Dementia. He went downhill so quickly, and his mind deteriorated so fast.

At any rate, I highly recommend this book. It may be a bit sad, but it is a must read. Thank you to my son Joshua, who shared it with me. It really touched me and makes me so thankful for life. We are so blessed...do we even realize it?

Flowers for Algernon.... what a story.